Friday, April 24, 2009

My preeeecious stockpile....

I have 10 sets of Plano shelves bought at Menards.
They measure 36 deep x 24 wide & 5 shelves tall.
They hold 150 + pounds per shelf.
I got them on sale for $40 each.
These can be assembled in about 10 minutes with no tools.
There is also 2 white shelves that are much smaller.

The shelves occupy 2 walls of my basement.
They actually don't take up much space since the are flush to the walls.
As you can see in the photos, some shelves are not full.
That is due to the system of organization that I have.
This is a ever-changing system that will change as my family grows.
I have 4 shelves of stockpile for my family, plus the 2 white shelves.
There is 3 shelves for garage sale items.
The remaining shelves store;
clothes, photos, important documents, family memory items, and everything else that was cluttering up my home but still useful.


My plan it to evaluate the shelves semi-annually to see what stays and what goes to the garage sale or donation box.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Wow, quite the extension organizational system. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed that you can do all of your shopping and still be able to organize all of your stash! Now I bet this basement of yours won't be haunting you. :) Congrats on all of the hard work. I'm jealous of all your shelving!

    ReplyDelete